Torn World Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Waffles Tournament: Sign-Ups [Ends March 28th]

Go down 
+3
Silver
no
Pasta
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Pasta
Administrator
Pasta

The Waffles Tournament: Sign-Ups [Ends March 28th] Empty
PostSubject: The Waffles Tournament: Sign-Ups [Ends March 28th]   The Waffles Tournament: Sign-Ups [Ends March 28th] Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:44 pm

The Waffles Tournament!

(renamed at request)

So, in order to keep the wi-fi section active, I am starting another tournament just after the end of the last one!

I\'ve noticed from the turnout of the last tournament that there are few people here who EV train and are willing to battle. So, this tournament will appeal to everyone because you get to use your in-game teams! This means:
  • EV trained Pokemon are banned.
  • You may use any Pokemon that you already have (please refrain from getting new Pokemon specifically for this tournament) with a few exceptions such as hacks and Ubers.
  • Your Pokemon don't all have to be from the same game.
  • Adam is crap at explaining things, so you will probably have to ask questions.

Rules:

• No EV trained Pokemon are permitted.
  • Any Pokemon classified as Uber by Smogon are banned. Click here for the list of Ubers.
  • Standard rules are in effect. Click here if you don\'t know what standard rules are.
  • All battles will be set Lv. 100 single battles, take place on Wi-Fi, and be in 6v6 format.
  • No hacked Pokemon, illegally or legally, Pokesav or AR are allowed in this tournament.

So when will this start, you may ask? It will start on Wednesday, March 24th Sunday, March 28th OR when eight people sign up which gives most of you plenty of time to complete HG/SS (or at least train a decent team on it). Prizes, as well as whether the tournament will be single or double elimination, will be announced when some people have signed up. Sign up even if you aren\'t confident in your abilities, as you can surprise even yourself!

Participants:
  • Electrike
  • Haruka
  • Silver
  • Nicholas
  • Pumapardz
  • bds1110
  • Maskedchild

Good luck to all! Feel free to ask me if you have any questions.

Last edited by Electrike on Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:27 pm; edited 15 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://tornworld.forumotion.com
no
Administrator

Male Posts : 439

PostSubject: Re: The Waffles Tournament: Sign-Ups [Ends March 28th]   The Waffles Tournament: Sign-Ups [Ends March 28th] Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:49 pm

Oooh, I'm entering. This will be fun. :D
Back to top Go down
Pasta
Administrator
Pasta

PostSubject: Re: The Waffles Tournament: Sign-Ups [Ends March 28th]   The Waffles Tournament: Sign-Ups [Ends March 28th] Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 3:36 pm

What's with the low amount of entrants? If you own a DS Pokemon game, you can participate. No competitive team needed.
Back to top Go down
no
Administrator

Male Posts : 439

PostSubject: Re: The Waffles Tournament: Sign-Ups [Ends March 28th]   The Waffles Tournament: Sign-Ups [Ends March 28th] Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 8:39 pm

ENTER, PEOPLE. D: THIS WILL BE UBER FUNSAUCE. -prods with stick-

I'll be using a mix of teams from different games. My Staraptor that I use in wifi was the first Pokemon I caught in Diamond, happend to have a good nature, so I EV trained it. I won't be using her, obviously. I usualy only use 2-5 Pokemon to play through the games anyway, so...XD;;
Back to top Go down
Silver
Silver

Male Posts : 90

PostSubject: Re: The Waffles Tournament: Sign-Ups [Ends March 28th]   The Waffles Tournament: Sign-Ups [Ends March 28th] Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 10:17 pm

I want to enter, but I can't find my team. XD I literally only have 4 of the Pokemon I actually used to play the game with, and 2 of them are Uber. Maybe I'll do what Haru's doing, and try to find some of my Pearl in-game teamates to put on my Platinum. Sure, I can use any old Pokemon to fill the gaps, but it's no fun without actual in-game Pokemon. XD

EDIT: Does it have to be an in-game DS Pokemon, or can I use Pokemon from Colloseum or Gale of Darkness?
EDIT2: Nevermind. |D Ok, I'll enter!

Last edited by Silver on Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pasta
Administrator
Pasta

PostSubject: Re: The Waffles Tournament: Sign-Ups [Ends March 28th]   The Waffles Tournament: Sign-Ups [Ends March 28th] Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 12:23 am

I've extended the deadline and I've also put a summary of the intro (lol) in big letters. Also, one legendary can be used on each team, and this legendary cannot be an Uber.

Also, I'll rewrite the intro tomorrow to clear up confusion.

EDIT: Nevermind, you can use as many non-Ubers as you want now.
Back to top Go down
Nicholas
Duskull
Nicholas

Male Posts : 29

PostSubject: Re: The Waffles Tournament: Sign-Ups [Ends March 28th]   The Waffles Tournament: Sign-Ups [Ends March 28th] Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 6:00 pm

I sign up so that somebody may get pleasure out of forcefully taking my V-card.
Back to top Go down
Proton
Mismagius
Proton

Female Posts : 90

PostSubject: Re: The Waffles Tournament: Sign-Ups [Ends March 28th]   The Waffles Tournament: Sign-Ups [Ends March 28th] Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 6:08 pm

I'll join because Adam made me.>:CC

An' be aware,I will be a easy win.>->
Back to top Go down
Pasta
Administrator
Pasta

PostSubject: Re: The Waffles Tournament: Sign-Ups [Ends March 28th]   The Waffles Tournament: Sign-Ups [Ends March 28th] Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 8:03 pm

I'd like to see more people sign up, but sign-ups end tomorrow. Come on guys, join this tournament! It's more fun with more people. :B
Back to top Go down
bds1110
Duskull

PostSubject: Re: The Waffles Tournament: Sign-Ups [Ends March 28th]   The Waffles Tournament: Sign-Ups [Ends March 28th] Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 4:50 pm

Oh! I want to join! Can I still do it? Oh please, oh please, oh please?
What time does this begin? I think it's today, but I dunno when today.
Back to top Go down
Mewtwo
Mewtwo

Male Posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: The Waffles Tournament: Sign-Ups [Ends March 28th]   The Waffles Tournament: Sign-Ups [Ends March 28th] Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 10:00 pm

I would like to join, please? Hope I'm not too late.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Waffles Tournament: Sign-Ups [Ends March 28th]   The Waffles Tournament: Sign-Ups [Ends March 28th] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Waffles Tournament: Sign-Ups [Ends March 28th]
Page 1 of 1