Torn World Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

... I think the forum is starting to die.

Go down 
+3
Pasta
Cuccopac Apu
iZan
7 posters
AuthorMessage
iZan
Mismagius
iZan

... I think the forum is starting to die. Empty
PostSubject: ... I think the forum is starting to die.   ... I think the forum is starting to die. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 4:17 pm

Last posted:
January 15th.
January 20th.

What's today? January 26th?
Back to top Go down
http://chattertots.deviantart.com
Cuccopac Apu
Global Moderator
Cuccopac Apu

Female Posts : 242

PostSubject: Re: ... I think the forum is starting to die.   ... I think the forum is starting to die. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 5:28 pm

who last posted then? Me and haruka have been posting a lot.
Back to top Go down
Pasta
Administrator
Pasta

PostSubject: Re: ... I think the forum is starting to die.   ... I think the forum is starting to die. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 6:28 pm

The forum isn't really starting to die, but it's not exactly very active especially in the wi-fi sections. It could seriously use more activity, so I suggest that you all advertise as much as you can.
Back to top Go down
https://tornworld.forumotion.com
Cuccopac Apu
Global Moderator
Cuccopac Apu

PostSubject: Re: ... I think the forum is starting to die.   ... I think the forum is starting to die. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 7:13 pm

Yeah, we only have so many members, so I guess the low activity is expected. ^^;
Back to top Go down
Gliscor
Gliscor

PostSubject: Re: ... I think the forum is starting to die.   ... I think the forum is starting to die. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 7:37 pm

as it has been said on epl, advertise... carefully, if you will.

we don't necessarily need people who write in a formal fashion (as I tend to slip in to sometimes), but we do need people whose heads aren't so far up their asses that they cough crap any time they converse on the forums. :/

you know what i mean~ :D
people at/around our level, yes?

as for me advertising, besides furret (who is already here), i don't really know anyone else who would be interested in this place. not to say that it is bad no (perhaps not 'developed quite enough), but i just don't frequent other pokemon sites enough to actually contribute. sorry.
/end useless post
Back to top Go down
iZan
Mismagius
iZan

PostSubject: Re: ... I think the forum is starting to die.   ... I think the forum is starting to die. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 12:17 am

Cucco, all you and Haruka really keep alive is the General Chat section. P; And videos, which I don't really look at anyway.

Everything else hasn't been posted in for days, really.

Haribo wrote:
as it has been said on epl, advertise... carefully, if you will.

we don't necessarily need people who write in a formal fashion (as I tend to slip in to sometimes), but we do need people whose heads aren't so far up their asses that they cough crap any time they converse on the forums. :/

you know what i mean~ :D
people at/around our level, yes?

as for me advertising, besides furret (who is already here), i don't really know anyone else who would be interested in this place. not to say that it is bad no (perhaps not 'developed quite enough), but i just don't frequent other pokemon sites enough to actually contribute. sorry.
/end useless post

This is true. I don't want swarms of retards here to piss some of us off.
D:

And yes, this is true, too. Me and Yami /had/ three other friends we made a forum with more than a year ago (It's dead now) we could've asked, but they either don't talk to us anymore, or just barely talk to us.
We could've invited some other people from our forum, too... For a few months, it was actually thriving. There was this really nice chick, I forget her name. Becky? Hmm.
But then there was Will. Oh dear God.
"yami/courtney can i plz be a mod"
"I'm sorry, but no."
"omg plz"
"... I'm sorry, Yugi, but no."
"omfg y do u hate me"

Also, to contribute to the active-ness, if it's alright with Yami, we can throw out some ideas that we used for our forum, like, two summers ago. Fun stuff while it lasted.
Back to top Go down
http://chattertots.deviantart.com
whohassocks
Administrator
whohassocks

Female Posts : 171

PostSubject: Re: ... I think the forum is starting to die.   ... I think the forum is starting to die. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 5:49 am

We could try to make a game together.
Back to top Go down
Cuccopac Apu
Global Moderator
Cuccopac Apu

PostSubject: Re: ... I think the forum is starting to die.   ... I think the forum is starting to die. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 4:52 pm

yeah! that sounds awesome. But who here knows C++ programming? @D@'
Back to top Go down
whohassocks
Administrator
whohassocks

PostSubject: Re: ... I think the forum is starting to die.   ... I think the forum is starting to die. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 5:04 pm

Making games doesn't involve coding everything in C++, it's possible to make games in other languages such as Python and Ruby. Besides, there are game development programs such as Game Maker that can be used.
Back to top Go down
Cuccopac Apu
Global Moderator
Cuccopac Apu

PostSubject: Re: ... I think the forum is starting to die.   ... I think the forum is starting to die. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 5:43 pm

either way, let's make an official topic about it.
And we can all work together on plot, characters, etc....

Maybe we can make a touhou-like game with the program danmakufu?
Back to top Go down
whohassocks
Administrator
whohassocks

PostSubject: Re: ... I think the forum is starting to die.   ... I think the forum is starting to die. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 9:37 pm

Cucco wrote:
either way, let's make an official topic about it.
And we can all work together on plot, characters, etc....

Maybe we can make a touhou-like game with the program danmakufu?

...What? o.O
Back to top Go down
Pasta
Administrator
Pasta

PostSubject: Re: ... I think the forum is starting to die.   ... I think the forum is starting to die. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 9:56 pm

In my opinion, making a game is a bit extreme at this point for Torn World, a forum with less than 20 members that has barely started up.

I think that the best idea would be to advertise for now and try any site projects when we have more members.
Back to top Go down
https://tornworld.forumotion.com
whohassocks
Administrator
whohassocks

PostSubject: Re: ... I think the forum is starting to die.   ... I think the forum is starting to die. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 4:38 am

Games don't have to be big, we can make games by ourselves or with another member made on a smaller scale, just to create some activity on the forum besides the social chat thread. I intend on making a game by myself that I will share with everyone here.
Back to top Go down
Cuccopac Apu
Global Moderator
Cuccopac Apu

PostSubject: Re: ... I think the forum is starting to die.   ... I think the forum is starting to die. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 12:59 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9w1wkxGR7Q

This is danmakufu / what it's potential of making is
Back to top Go down
no
Administrator

Male Posts : 439

PostSubject: Re: ... I think the forum is starting to die.   ... I think the forum is starting to die. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 5:31 pm

A game sounds cool. You lost the game.
Um, I don't know really. Let's just try to be more active in other sections. More battling and trading. And advertising, but not everywhere. we dnt wnt mimbrs tht typ lyk diz.
Back to top Go down
whohassocks
Administrator
whohassocks

PostSubject: Re: ... I think the forum is starting to die.   ... I think the forum is starting to die. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 5:44 pm

Making a game was just one idea for creating some activity.
Back to top Go down
Cuccopac Apu
Global Moderator
Cuccopac Apu

PostSubject: Re: ... I think the forum is starting to die.   ... I think the forum is starting to die. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 5:46 pm

its a good idea, too. I can try to pull some people from doujinstyle, maybe?
Back to top Go down
Gliscor
Gliscor

PostSubject: Re: ... I think the forum is starting to die.   ... I think the forum is starting to die. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 5:59 pm

let's say for all intentive purposes that a game /is/ created.
will people like it?
will it be extensive enough to keep people interested?
what all do you plan to put in it? what would the plot be? characters?
Back to top Go down
whohassocks
Administrator
whohassocks

PostSubject: Re: ... I think the forum is starting to die.   ... I think the forum is starting to die. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 7:38 pm

All I really wanted to do with making a game was to just share it with everyone here at Torn World.
Back to top Go down
no
Administrator

Male Posts : 439

PostSubject: Re: ... I think the forum is starting to die.   ... I think the forum is starting to die. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 7:43 pm

If you make one, I'd love to play it. c:
Back to top Go down
Cuccopac Apu
Global Moderator
Cuccopac Apu

PostSubject: Re: ... I think the forum is starting to die.   ... I think the forum is starting to die. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 8:04 pm

Maybe a game you play in two worlds.
Sort of like yume nikki, only making sense.

And your dream / the area you explore counts on what you did in the daytime.

But this is just an idea, I don't think we'll be making a game yet.
^^;
Back to top Go down
Gliscor
Gliscor

PostSubject: Re: ... I think the forum is starting to die.   ... I think the forum is starting to die. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 8:17 pm

I understand that people want to make a game so that they can share it here, but I think that it'll either take too long or people just won't want to after a while.
Back to top Go down
Silver
Silver

Male Posts : 90

PostSubject: Re: ... I think the forum is starting to die.   ... I think the forum is starting to die. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 11:48 pm

Game? That's what I said! I'm glad someone else is on board with this! XD

Yeah, exactly, there are programs on the internet making it possible to make a game. The only "obstacle" I can see in the way is that the one I know, RPG Maker, is... Illegal, unless bought.

By the way, the forum isn't dying, it is still fairly new.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ... I think the forum is starting to die.   ... I think the forum is starting to die. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

... I think the forum is starting to die.
Page 1 of 1