Torn World Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A tournament suggestion.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mandy
Duskull

A tournament suggestion. Empty
PostSubject: A tournament suggestion.   A tournament suggestion. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 1:14 pm

So, I was thinking...
Since this is a forumotion based site, and it has a built in chat box, why not, on the day of a tournament, put the cbox up to be used as an easy way to get in contact with challengers?

Keep it up for the length of the tournament, and take it down at the end of the day so you can keep the forum active and just use it for that.

You can put whatever rules up for it you'd like, but I'd like to be there to hear how the tourny goes. I'd hope it wouldn't be just limited to people participating in the tourny o:

Just a small idea to make getting in contact with others for them easier. .o.

YES I KNOW THERE ARE PROBABLY FLAWS WITH IT, BUT IT'S JUST A SUGGESTION >:c
Back to top Go down
Pasta
Administrator
Pasta

PostSubject: Re: A tournament suggestion.   A tournament suggestion. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 6:04 pm

All the discussing can be done over PM, so I think this would be unnecessary. The results will be posted by people who participate to report on whether they win or lose on the tourney board.
Back to top Go down
https://tornworld.forumotion.com
Mandy
Duskull

PostSubject: Re: A tournament suggestion.   A tournament suggestion. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 6:15 pm

Never hurts to suggest something though, amirite? ;D
I can understand that c:
Back to top Go down
Silver
Silver

Male Posts : 90

PostSubject: Re: A tournament suggestion.   A tournament suggestion. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 7:58 pm

Actually, this sounds like a great idea to not only help challengers communicate and schedule matches, but also for non-battlers to keep up-to-date and chat and discuss the tournament.
Back to top Go down
Pasta
Administrator
Pasta

PostSubject: Re: A tournament suggestion.   A tournament suggestion. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 8:01 pm

I don't know how long the tournament will go on for. Say it lasts for 2 weeks- eventually people would get bored and use the chatbox to chat about anything and the forum's activeness would decrease greatly, even if just for a few days.
Back to top Go down
Mandy
Duskull

PostSubject: Re: A tournament suggestion.   A tournament suggestion. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 8:05 pm

You see, what I thought is that the tourny would be completed in one day. Make sure everyone can be on that day, do the battles, and finish it. And the chat box would only be open on THAT day. Or days planned for tournies. And ONLY those days.
Back to top Go down
no
Administrator

Male Posts : 439

PostSubject: Re: A tournament suggestion.   A tournament suggestion. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 8:06 pm

I doubt we'd be able to have all of the challengers on one day and at the right times. :x
Back to top Go down
Pasta
Administrator
Pasta

PostSubject: Re: A tournament suggestion.   A tournament suggestion. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 8:08 pm

I agree with what Haruka said. Each round will likely take several days to complete because not everyone can be on the same day.
Back to top Go down
Mandy
Duskull

PostSubject: Re: A tournament suggestion.   A tournament suggestion. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 8:09 pm

Wouldn't be too hard if you had it planned ahead of time. o:
... Really far ahead of time :'D
But I can see where you're getting at.

AND WHY IS THERE NO QUICK REPLY OPTION? |D
It bothers meeeeee jfkdlsf.
Back to top Go down
Pasta
Administrator
Pasta

PostSubject: Re: A tournament suggestion.   A tournament suggestion. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 8:10 pm

Hmm... quick reply option.
-runs to admin panel to try figuring that out-

The topic at hand appears to be solved, so I'm locking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A tournament suggestion.   A tournament suggestion. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A tournament suggestion.
Page 1 of 1