Torn World Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dream diary 2!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Garfocus
Duskull
Garfocus

Male Posts : 20

Dream diary 2! Empty
PostSubject: Dream diary 2!   Dream diary 2! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 5:05 pm

So, I plan to make an unofficial sequel to Yume Nikki titled Dream diary 2!

The game will take place in modern america instead of in Japan, and I'll have a fully interactive house. You'll be able to leave your room but not the house, and the house will be full of things to see.

The music will be made using mario paint with some sound font editors and there will be more time than 6 to 12 seconds until the songs loop.

Instead of Aztec, I plan to have the art and graphics based on Dr. Seuss type castles and animals, and maybe a couple of otheer kid's book type elements.

I assure you that the ending won't be you jumping off a cliff and killing yourself. But that could always change as I'm still in the idea stage.

I expect to start production once I get the right game making equipment (namely, an edition in the RPG maker series). When I'm near finished production, I'll post a topic on http://forum.starmen.net/forum in the fan games and programs section. There I will have screenshots, music, and quite possibly gameplay footage and/or a link to the alpha or beta.

If you have any ideas on things I should add or if you want to help me with sprites and music writing, post a reply to this topic.

Thank you, BillyRyan.
Back to top Go down
no
Administrator

Male Posts : 439

Dream diary 2! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream diary 2!   Dream diary 2! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 5:26 pm

I've been thinking of making a game similar to YN as well, sorta like how people made Yume 2kki and .flow.
Not sure when I'll start on it, but I have a version of rpgmaker and some graphics.

Anyway, can't wait to see your progress. :3
Back to top Go down
Garfocus
Duskull
Garfocus

Dream diary 2! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream diary 2!   Dream diary 2! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 12:54 pm

I just got a copy of RPG maker 2003. I'm going to start production immediately. If anyone wishes to join the staff, do so now.

I'm gonna really need a spriter to start me out with the main character.
Back to top Go down
Silver
Silver

Male Posts : 90

Dream diary 2! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream diary 2!   Dream diary 2! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 11:48 pm

If you need one, I could try to help with sprites. Though, I haven't sprited anything in a while and I'm not familiar with Yumme Nikki-styled sprites. ^^;
Back to top Go down
Garfocus
Duskull
Garfocus

Dream diary 2! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream diary 2!   Dream diary 2! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 5:42 pm

Okay, as long as you can make a blonde girl that looks almost like the one from the original, I'm fine. Heck, you could even draw over the original sprite sheet if you want, but I'll take whatever you can do.
Back to top Go down
Silver
Silver

Dream diary 2! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream diary 2!   Dream diary 2! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 11:05 pm

I don't know anything about YN, but I made this:
Dream diary 2! Yn_spr10

If you need any changes, just say.

EDIT: These sprites are so freakin' small. Are they supposed to be this small?
Back to top Go down
Garfocus
Duskull
Garfocus

Dream diary 2! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream diary 2!   Dream diary 2! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 4:38 pm

It doesn't look half bad. In fact, it's really good. I'll use it. Can you make a full running and different direction sprite sheet?

I'll leave the in-depth disturbing type map art to myself, but I'll need help with people and tables and all that boring solid stuff.
Back to top Go down
Silver
Silver

Dream diary 2! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream diary 2!   Dream diary 2! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 10:27 pm

I got these now:
Dream diary 2! Yn_wal10
Back to top Go down
Garfocus
Duskull
Garfocus

Dream diary 2! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream diary 2!   Dream diary 2! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 10:44 pm

Nice, I'll see how I can work with 'em...

Tommorow. It's getting late where I live.

Thanks for everything.
Back to top Go down
Silver
Silver

Dream diary 2! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream diary 2!   Dream diary 2! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 1:32 am

No problem. ^^
Back to top Go down
Piemane
Mismagius
Piemane

Male Posts : 66

Dream diary 2! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream diary 2!   Dream diary 2! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 2:17 am

i dunno i kinda have mixed feelings about YN fangames :v the ones ive tried i wasnt too big on and, well idk i guess ill try it when its done but most likely ill like the original more since i like the first of everything for some reason.

exept silent hill. the third silent hill game was the best. even though it didnt have PH which is dissappointing, it was still the best cuz it wasjust waaaay creepier.

i like IN too. what is that one? liek the 11th or something? :v i cant remember. i like it just cuz of wriggle. wrggle is sexy. the 3 sexiest touhous are wrigle, ran, and yuugi.

i liek yuugi cuz she-- FFFFFF majorly side tracked :vvvv but anyways i have high hopes for the game if i can help, ill try just let me know
Back to top Go down
http://drjazzyfresh.deviantart.com
no
Administrator

Male Posts : 439

Dream diary 2! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream diary 2!   Dream diary 2! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 3:30 am

Well, with Touhou and SH they are official, so it's more like a series. Fangames are just fanmade, so only the Yume Nikki by KIKIYAMA is "real" anyway.

Also IN is th08. It's the 9th game though, because of IaMP (7.5) being between PCB and IN.

Anyway, about YN fangames, the most appealing one (to me) so far seems to be .flow.
2kki seemed...meh. I don't know what to say about it really. It didn't come close to having the feel that Yume Nikki had. I still have to say I like Yume Nikki the most.

I can't wait to see what you come up with, though. I'm sure it'll be cool. c:
Back to top Go down
Garfocus
Duskull
Garfocus

Dream diary 2! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream diary 2!   Dream diary 2! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 11:05 am

Attention, because I'm movinng to game maker 8 to do my game. This is only because I've used it before and I already know how to program in it. I may at some point move back to RPG maker, but expect that this game may take... a while.

I'm putting my effort into this. I've thought out all the hidden stories the character will have, and this game won't be like 2ikii (Random meaningless scariness). This game will have deeper meanings and real disturbing content. I think that since the first game wasn't made by an actual gaming company, there isn't really an "official".

I'll post updates on my progress, but when I have screenshots and everything, they will be in the starmen.net topic.

Just updating.
Back to top Go down
Garfocus
Duskull
Garfocus

Dream diary 2! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream diary 2!   Dream diary 2! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 7:29 pm

Uh, I don't actually know how to work this. Can someone please help me with getting started in RPG maker 2003?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dream diary 2! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream diary 2!   Dream diary 2! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dream diary 2!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Torn World Forums :: Everything Else :: Video Games :: Game Development-
Jump to: