Torn World Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pokemon R/S/E

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pasta
Administrator
Pasta

Pokemon R/S/E Empty
PostSubject: Pokemon R/S/E   Pokemon R/S/E Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 3:58 pm

This section of the forum doesn't get enough love. :c
Anyway, I've been playing Ruby lately. It's been a while since I last played R/S/E, and it seems that Generation III, despite how good it is, gets a lot of criticism. I think that this is from it being overshadowed by the beloved and classic Generations I and II, and the more up-to-date Gen IV.

Despite what people say about it, R/S/E is filled with interesting Pokemon, such as Absol, Breloom, and Manectric. The story is also superior to the earlier generations. While I suppose it's still generic (take down the evil team), it's more complex than just taking down Team Rocket, and has actual legendary Pokemon playing an important part. Hoenn is also a very interesting region, with long water routes, forests, and mountains. My personal favorite part of any Pokemon game is the area around Fortree City, in fact.

So, what are your own personal memories/comments/anything else about R/S/E?
Back to top Go down
https://tornworld.forumotion.com
whohassocks
Administrator
whohassocks

Female Posts : 171

Pokemon R/S/E Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon R/S/E   Pokemon R/S/E Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 5:36 pm

I've probably had more fun with R/S/E than any other pokemon game.
Back to top Go down
no
Administrator

Male Posts : 439

Pokemon R/S/E Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon R/S/E   Pokemon R/S/E Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 5:56 pm

Ah man...I loved those games. Seriously. Best Pokemon games I've played.
Emerald was my first game ever. Good times man, good times. I had so much fun with that.
I'm borrowing my friend's Ruby now. Mainly to get some of Hoenn's badass shinies, but also to play through the game again.
Also challenging myself just a tad. Not anything like the Nuzlocke challenge (or whatever it's called) but more like "Play through the game with only NFE's and one Pokemon that doesn't evolve" Pretty fun actually. I'm at Groudon now, and have a team of Mudkip, Taillow, and Mawile. SRing is a bitch though. I wanna get past Groudon alreadyyyy~ :c
..but yeah. I love those games. |D derp
Back to top Go down
Sylvie
Mismagius
Sylvie

Female Posts : 55

Pokemon R/S/E Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon R/S/E   Pokemon R/S/E Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 10:23 pm

I honestly don't understand how many prefer Gen. 4 over Gen. 3.
R/S/E had more creative designs imo, while D/P/P feels more like a downgraded copy of it, story-wise.
Or, at least that's how I see it. :C
And I've always adored Torkoal, Armaldo and Taillow myself.
Back to top Go down
Lopunnyplz
Duskull
Lopunnyplz

Female Posts : 26

Pokemon R/S/E Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon R/S/E   Pokemon R/S/E Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 10:29 pm

I agree about the plot thing

gen. 3 was my first gen

I always thought gen. 4 was like 5x better, until the plot progressed, and I was thinking
"wow this crap is pretty similar to the whole groudon kyogre thing except with one team instead of two"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pokemon R/S/E Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon R/S/E   Pokemon R/S/E Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pokemon R/S/E
Page 1 of 1