Torn World Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Gym Leaders

Go down 
+3
Silver
Gliscor
Cuccopac Apu
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Cuccopac Apu
Global Moderator
Cuccopac Apu

Female Posts : 242

Gym Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Gym Leaders   Gym Leaders Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 9:24 pm

I see that other forums have gym leaders. Good idea y/n? We could make them cute little badges, and a topic per gym leader :U
Back to top Go down
Gliscor
Gliscor

Gym Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gym Leaders   Gym Leaders Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 9:44 pm

i'd want to be the penis flying gym
or water
:v
idk
epl didn't work out right, but i think we'd need people that we know for sure would help.
that made sense shut up

but yes
:v
need enough people
i don't think, if we do indeed do this, that we should have an elite 4/champion.
too much squabbling.
eight people.
either you are a leader or you aren't.
Back to top Go down
Silver
Silver

Male Posts : 90

Gym Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gym Leaders   Gym Leaders Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 10:19 pm

Puru pretty much nailed it. While I believe it's a great idea, we need a lot more people before trying this. Additionally, we'd need a purpose for having the badges, not just to say, "Look, I'm special".

Technicalities aside, I still think this is a great idea. XD
Back to top Go down
Pasta
Administrator
Pasta

Gym Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gym Leaders   Gym Leaders Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 11:07 pm

Well, it depends how many people would be interested. We'd probably have to start out with just a few leaders or something and add more as time goes on, as there's no way that we could possibly get together 8 people for a gym league(let alone 13 with E4/champion).
Back to top Go down
https://tornworld.forumotion.com
Silver
Silver

Gym Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gym Leaders   Gym Leaders Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 11:11 pm

Yes, but as a side note, the champion would technically be the one who beats everyone. So that would literally be worked out when the time comes.
Back to top Go down
Gliscor
Gliscor

Gym Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gym Leaders   Gym Leaders Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 11:14 pm

Silver wrote:
Yes, but as a side note, the champion would technically be the one who beats everyone. So that would literally be worked out when the time comes.
yes.
you know what i meant though.
no predetermined champion. x)
Back to top Go down
Silver
Silver

Gym Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gym Leaders   Gym Leaders Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 11:37 pm

No, champions ARE predetermined... By Destiny! XD

Anyway, yeah, I'd do this if it gets going.
Back to top Go down
Piemane
Mismagius
Piemane

Male Posts : 66

Gym Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gym Leaders   Gym Leaders Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 7:45 pm

ditto it doesnt seem like too bad of and idea.
Back to top Go down
http://drjazzyfresh.deviantart.com
Furret Fatale
Duskull
Furret Fatale

Male Posts : 30

Gym Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gym Leaders   Gym Leaders Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 8:13 pm

I'd help :P
Back to top Go down
no
Administrator

Male Posts : 439

Gym Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gym Leaders   Gym Leaders Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 8:34 pm

I'd help of course.
Back to top Go down
Silver
Silver

Gym Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gym Leaders   Gym Leaders Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 9:38 pm

I'd try to help.

Except on the getting-new-members-to-have-enough-people-to-make-this-work bit. I don't quite have enough forums/sites to advertise on.
Back to top Go down
Pasta
Administrator
Pasta

Gym Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gym Leaders   Gym Leaders Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 7:34 pm

I do have some ideas:
Gym leaders can earn badges, and they automatically have their own badge. Gym leaders aren't in any particular order.
Gym leaders have a type, and must have at least 3 Pokemon of their type in their gym team.
Once we have 8 leaders, there will be a tournament for the Elite 4, which leaders can participate in.
Once we have 8 leaders and an Elite 4, whoever beats them all first becomes the Champion. After that, to become the champion, challengers have to beat the leaders and E4 plus the Champion.

Any other ideas/changes?
Back to top Go down
Cuccopac Apu
Global Moderator
Cuccopac Apu

Gym Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gym Leaders   Gym Leaders Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 8:21 pm

I don't mind being a leader, I'd actually get off my arse and train up the team in my sig.

I can help make the actual 'badge' images.

Haruka should totally be in the elite 4 though |D
Back to top Go down
Silver
Silver

Gym Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gym Leaders   Gym Leaders Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 7:32 pm

I don't mind being a Leader/ Elite. A few comments, though:

Would leaders/elites be able to have "type exceptions" like Lance? For example, a Charizard (it's a dragon) on a Dragon team, or Flygon (it's a dragonfly) on a Bug team?

Additionally, we'd need a Hall of Fame to not only record Champions, but to record who has what badge, as well. This way, no one can steal badges via copy and paste/ properties.

As a suggestion, to make it worthwhile, perhaps give the Champion Moderator status or, at the very least, more power than the average member. It gives people more incentive to participate.

As for tournaments, the idea looks good on paper. They're a fair way to judge the skill of those in the Torn (pending) Region. However, it's not a good idea. Most tournaments end up not finishing, despite time and match extentions. As such, I would suggest finding an alternative method for deciding positions.
Back to top Go down
Cuccopac Apu
Global Moderator
Cuccopac Apu

Gym Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gym Leaders   Gym Leaders Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 8:38 pm

I think type exceptions like that are okay.

if I'm even a leader I'll be at the lowest gym like seriously 8C
Back to top Go down
Silver
Silver

Gym Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gym Leaders   Gym Leaders Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 10:39 pm

I have a suggestion: For deciding leader/ elite postions, why not have 3 separate tournaments: One for Leaders 1-4, one for Leaders 5-8, and one for Elites 1-4. This way, we have 3 short tournaments that would be done in about 2 rounds each. It also gives people more choice about their position. Like, if someone wants to be a low-level Leader, they compete in the 1st tourney. If they want a high position, they can compete in the 3rd tourney.

I can also suggest a more balanced way of doing things. We rank the types 1 to 12. 1 being the easiest type to kill, and 12 being the hardest. Easiest is the first leader, hardest is the 4 elite. This way, if someone too strong is in the early gyms, their type would be easy to beat but their skill would balance it. Likewise, if someone is too weak in the higher-ups, their type would be hard to beat and their skill would balance it. These are just two ideas off the top of my head.

Also, I believe the leaders should have the freedom to choose their own match rules (ex. doubles, 3 Pokemon only, no items, etc.) while the elites should only be able to follow 1 set of rules since the League is more "official".
Back to top Go down
Pasta
Administrator
Pasta

Gym Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gym Leaders   Gym Leaders Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 9:16 pm

Well, let's see:

What's the point of type exceptions? If we have 3(?) Pokemon required to be the leader's type, then the types won't be too limiting. Besides, someone could make a team with one or none of their type using this loophole.

Hall of Fame makes sense to me. Although, I don't think that we should mod the Champion, since it's already a major position in the league. Though, maybe we should have a few people (like Silver) who are willing to help be staff who have mod powers just in the league forums.

I don't know about tournaments... we'll figure that out when we get to it (when we have 8 leaders).

Now, the idea for separate tournaments. I think that we shouldn't bother with leaders in order, and besides, I'd be shocked if we found 8 people right now who are willing and able to be leaders. I like the idea of individual rules, though.
Back to top Go down
Silver
Silver

Gym Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gym Leaders   Gym Leaders Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 12:09 am

Type exceptions are simply a--looks, for lack of a better term--thing. Like how Lance uses Charizard and Gyarados (though Aerodactyl is pushing it) or how Karen uses Vileplume. Though I was thinking of regulating this to, like, 1 exception.

If there is a mod staff in the League forums, I still think the Champion should be part of it. Though the Champion is a big position, the only thing right now distinguishing them from anyone with 8 badges is the phrase, "I beat the 4th Elite."
Back to top Go down
Pasta
Administrator
Pasta

Gym Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gym Leaders   Gym Leaders Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 3:02 pm

In my opinion, thinking that a Pokemon /looks/ like a type is often debatable. You might say that Gyarados looks like a dragon, but what if I disagree? The point of having types is to have 3 Pokemon of your chosen type and 3 others to cover your weaknesses. Plus, some types miss out- the Dragon leader has several choices for exceptions, but the Ground leader has few or no choices.

I guess having the Champion as a mod in just the league forums is fine.
Back to top Go down
Silver
Silver

Gym Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gym Leaders   Gym Leaders Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 1:50 am

Ah well, it's not that important, I was just spit-balling the idea.

I'd also like to make a suggestion about legendaries. Uber or no, I don't think anyone should be able to use them. Leader or Elite, no one in the anime uses legendaries (except that guy at the Battle Frontier, but that's something else). Perhaps only the Champion could use them, but even then it would have to be limited to only trio legends. Just another suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gym Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gym Leaders   Gym Leaders Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gym Leaders
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Torn World Forums :: The Important Stuff :: Forum Suggestions-
Jump to: