Torn World Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pokemon Black & Pokemon White [General Discussion]

Go down 
+10
Furret Fatale
Gliscor
Proton
Cuccopac Apu
iZan
Pasta
Silver
no
whohassocks
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Cuccopac Apu
Global Moderator
Cuccopac Apu

Female Posts : 242

Pokemon Black & Pokemon White [General Discussion] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black & Pokemon White [General Discussion]   Pokemon Black & Pokemon White [General Discussion] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 5:25 pm

the otter is kinda cute.
Back to top Go down
no
Administrator

Male Posts : 439

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black & Pokemon White [General Discussion]   Pokemon Black & Pokemon White [General Discussion] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 7:09 pm

I like the lizard thing~ c:
Back to top Go down
Cuccopac Apu
Global Moderator
Cuccopac Apu

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black & Pokemon White [General Discussion]   Pokemon Black & Pokemon White [General Discussion] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 7:29 pm

the girl trainer is meh. I think I'll pick the guy, depending on the sprites
Back to top Go down
Pasta
Administrator
Pasta

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black & Pokemon White [General Discussion]   Pokemon Black & Pokemon White [General Discussion] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 7:51 pm

I really don't like the otter-thing. P: I like the grass one, and the fire pig is simple and okay.
Apparently, the player characters are supposed to be older than previous ones. I like the male one (who actually sorta looks like me lol) more than the female, also.
Back to top Go down
https://tornworld.forumotion.com
no
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black & Pokemon White [General Discussion]   Pokemon Black & Pokemon White [General Discussion] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 8:40 pm

The male is secksay. -shot-
But um. I might choose the male. I think he looks cool. c:
Back to top Go down
Silver
Silver

Male Posts : 90

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black & Pokemon White [General Discussion]   Pokemon Black & Pokemon White [General Discussion] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 11:54 pm

I would've chose the male regardless. XD

And just putting it out there, but the Grass lines are pretty much always gonna be reptiles.
Venusaur and Meganium were dinosaurs, making them reptile, Sceptile is... well, it has "reptile" in the name, so it's pretty obvious, and Torterra is a turtle... Which is reptile.
Back to top Go down
Pasta
Administrator
Pasta

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black & Pokemon White [General Discussion]   Pokemon Black & Pokemon White [General Discussion] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 12:18 am

Silver wrote:
I would've chose the male regardless. XD

And just putting it out there, but the Grass lines are pretty much always gonna be reptiles.
Venusaur and Meganium were dinosaurs, making them reptile, Sceptile is... well, it has "reptile" in the name, so it's pretty obvious, and Torterra is a turtle... Which is reptile.
Wow, I never noticed that about the Grass starters! xD Interestingly, all of the other starters are mostly inconsistent in that way. All of the Gen I starters are based off reptiles, and then the others are mostly different, though besides Charmander all of the Fire-type starters are mammals.
Back to top Go down
Proton
Mismagius
Proton

Female Posts : 90

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black & Pokemon White [General Discussion]   Pokemon Black & Pokemon White [General Discussion] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 7:13 am

I've noticed that so far in every generation,two Pokemon stand on their uh..
Hind legs,while one stands with all four.
o3o;
Back to top Go down
Pasta
Administrator
Pasta

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black & Pokemon White [General Discussion]   Pokemon Black & Pokemon White [General Discussion] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 3:42 pm

According to Bulbapedia, the version legendaries have been revealed! Reshiram will be the mascot of Black, while Zekrom is the mascot of White. These names are the international names, as well.

Zekrom:
Spoiler:

Reshiram:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
no
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black & Pokemon White [General Discussion]   Pokemon Black & Pokemon White [General Discussion] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 4:45 pm

They look...interesting. I gotta say though I think they're running out of ideas. XD;
Back to top Go down
Cuccopac Apu
Global Moderator
Cuccopac Apu

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black & Pokemon White [General Discussion]   Pokemon Black & Pokemon White [General Discussion] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 5:23 pm

I like the black one more.

I wonder what they'll control

GOOD AND EVIL? 8D /shot

DANZAI~
Back to top Go down
no
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black & Pokemon White [General Discussion]   Pokemon Black & Pokemon White [General Discussion] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 5:33 pm

Cucco wrote:
I like the black one more.

I wonder what they'll control

GOOD AND EVIL? 8D /shot

DANZAI~

...k if it's going to be like that I am naming mine Shikieiki, kthnx.
Back to top Go down
Proton
Mismagius
Proton

Female Posts : 90

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black & Pokemon White [General Discussion]   Pokemon Black & Pokemon White [General Discussion] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 11:02 am

Wtf is up with the new legendaries
fsdf

I like the "Evil"
One more
o3o;
I like the other one too,though
Back to top Go down
no
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black & Pokemon White [General Discussion]   Pokemon Black & Pokemon White [General Discussion] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 4:25 pm

...this looks really ugly imo. I don't want Pokemon 3D. :U This is just retarded. My opinions though, feel free to flame me.
Back to top Go down
Silver
Silver

Male Posts : 90

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black & Pokemon White [General Discussion]   Pokemon Black & Pokemon White [General Discussion] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 10:53 pm

3D would be pretty cool. I guess they're getting closer and closer to the console games. I'm gonna love the new battle system, though. I like how the Pokemon actually move when inactive. The only problem, though, would be lag in Wi-Fi I think.
Back to top Go down
no
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black & Pokemon White [General Discussion]   Pokemon Black & Pokemon White [General Discussion] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 12:35 am

I don't like it one bit. e_e That's just me though, I know probably most everyone else likes it, but it's just too...extreme. I think they're trying to draw more fans by making it look so "cool" but I'm not really into the idea and I might not even get Black if it's going to be like this. I'm perfectly fine with the subtle 3D effects in D/P/Plat and HG/SS, I think it makes it look nice, so I might just stick with those games.
I'm not too fond with the new battle system either, just the way the move around. It looks a bit...awkward.

tl;dr I don't like it. I am done.
Back to top Go down
whohassocks
Administrator
whohassocks

Female Posts : 171

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black & Pokemon White [General Discussion]   Pokemon Black & Pokemon White [General Discussion] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 12:56 am

I like what they've done with making battles fully animated. It makes it more visually appealing (for me). As Silver said, it will probably lag on Wi-Fi.
Back to top Go down
Pasta
Administrator
Pasta

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black & Pokemon White [General Discussion]   Pokemon Black & Pokemon White [General Discussion] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 7:23 pm

I don't like the graphics because a lot of them look awful. Still, the gameplay matters more, and I like seeing that there's a city with a bunch of different areas. I do kinda like the animated sprites though...
Back to top Go down
Furret Fatale
Duskull
Furret Fatale

Male Posts : 30

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black & Pokemon White [General Discussion]   Pokemon Black & Pokemon White [General Discussion] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 7:39 pm

I think it's a step in the right direction. Pokemon has been stuck in the 2Dish era for too long. Like Silver said, and what I have been hoping for, they are aiming towards more of a console game feel which is awesome :) The new battle system DEFINITELY has been needed.
Back to top Go down
Gliscor
Gliscor

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black & Pokemon White [General Discussion]   Pokemon Black & Pokemon White [General Discussion] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 10:20 pm

Furret Fatale wrote:
I think it's a step in the right direction. Pokemon has been stuck in the 2Dish era for too long. Like Silver said, and what I have been hoping for, they are aiming towards more of a console game feel which is awesome :) The new battle system DEFINITELY has been needed.

this
Back to top Go down
no
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black & Pokemon White [General Discussion]   Pokemon Black & Pokemon White [General Discussion] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 11:57 pm

Am I the only one here that doesn't like it >____>
oh well I don't care.
Back to top Go down
Pasta
Administrator
Pasta

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black & Pokemon White [General Discussion]   Pokemon Black & Pokemon White [General Discussion] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 1:41 pm

Actually, Haruka, I don't like it either. In HG/SS, you had an overhead view but it was somewhat 3D, and it was pretty. The 2D NPC sprites didn't look too awful, but then in Black and White, you have ugly and extremely out-of-place looking 2D sprites. In areas with the new view, you even have the nice buildings looking pixelated. There is no excuse to upgrade into a more 3D-ish view and let things look less clean!

Of course, in the end, the graphics aren't the biggest deal- what we REALLY care about is the gameplay. I hope that they decide to make it somewhat different from the older games... new types, new mechanics, maybe?
Back to top Go down
Cuccopac Apu
Global Moderator
Cuccopac Apu

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black & Pokemon White [General Discussion]   Pokemon Black & Pokemon White [General Discussion] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 4:55 pm

I agree with trikers, I don't like the way the city is. if you can imagine the lag we have ALREADY with nonanimated pokemon on wifi..
Back to top Go down
whohassocks
Administrator
whohassocks

Female Posts : 171

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black & Pokemon White [General Discussion]   Pokemon Black & Pokemon White [General Discussion] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 5:09 pm

Cucco wrote:
I agree with trikers, I don't like the way the city is. if you can imagine the lag we have ALREADY with nonanimated pokemon on wifi..
Err I don't recall any lag with nonanimated sprites.
Back to top Go down
Cuccopac Apu
Global Moderator
Cuccopac Apu

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black & Pokemon White [General Discussion]   Pokemon Black & Pokemon White [General Discussion] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 12:10 am

Mr.AFK wrote:
Cucco wrote:
Err I don't recall any lag with nonanimated sprites.
I tried battling with electrike on wifi and it was really, really laggy.
I can't imagine the lag when the sprites are moving all the time x_x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black & Pokemon White [General Discussion]   Pokemon Black & Pokemon White [General Discussion] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Black & Pokemon White [General Discussion]
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next